Tuesday 24 May 2011


This is what £5, 4 hours, 3 different Tescos and a long trek around East London bought me!
I decided to avoid value ranges because I figured they probably did more bad to the world than my sponsorship money could ever make up for.

Turns out the hardest thing about such a small budget was the lack of choice. I'd planned on getting some £1 eggs from a local farm, but they'd run out and my whole meal plan for the week was ruined. Normally I'd just accept that I had to spend a few pence more and buy eggs somewhere else, but obviously this wasn't an option. I had the same nightmare with buying fruit and veg. I couldn't afford Tesco prices so I needed a market, but finding one on a Sunday was really stressful. I ended up going round every corner shop in the area finding out who sold carrots the cheapest per kilo.

I'll show you what I made with all this in another post. The only way I managed to make everything fit into the budget was by planning to have the same thing everyday so I'm dragging the whole 'reveal' out a bit. Trying to make three dishes of varying slushyness fill a blog and look vaguely interesting isn't going to be easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment